Ferdi Lehder built his first kleinstrennwagen, the Juwel, in 1948 with a front mounted BMW engine driving the rear wheels. He competed in this car through the later part of 1948 and 1949 with some success, including wins at Schottenring in June, Dieburg in July and Koln in October, ultimately finishing second in the West German Championship to Walter Komossa. The story goes that Lehder sold the car across the border to Bobby Kohlrausch who turned it into the GvB.
In late '49 and early 1950, Ferdi built a second car, the Brillant.
photos courtesy Lothar Mildebrath.
If anyone has any more details, please get in touch.